Even though most taxpayers start off thinking that the tax system is relatively simple, they soon discover that they could be paying a lot more tax than they need to be paying.
It’s at this stage, that they discover they need to discover their taxation situations with a good tax accountant.
So what sorts of issues are likely occur to make people start looking for a tax accountant?
These are some of the most common reasons:
1. Needing help to protect your assets and investments.
2. If you find it complicated, or too time consuming to lodge your own income tax forms.
3. If you are having tax problems, then an accountant is the person for the job.
4. If you think you are paying too much tax
5. If your tax reporting situation includes multiple businesses, dependants etc
6. Property investments. These that may cover multiple tax areas (capital gains tax, negative gearing and even foreign investment)
So how do you find a good, trustworthy and reliable accountant?
1. You could ask friends and work colleagues for recommendations.
2. You could always use the Yellow Tax Advisors Pages to find quality accountants, but remember, there is nothing wrong with changing accountants if you are not happy with their service or pricing.
3. If your tax situation is relatively simple, than almost any tax accountancy practice can help you.
4. Use only a certified and licensed tax agents and CPA accountants. But keep it in mind that there is a huge range of accounting expertise. While some Certified Practicing Accountants (CPAs) can handle audits, others are more suited to do business consulting. So if you need a tax specialist in Perth, then get a CPA who specializes in tax matters.
In your search for the right tax accountant in Perth, you will be dealing with tax experts with different backgrounds and attitudes towards taxation. What you need is a competent accountant with the knowledge and experience that you need assistance with.
Remember, a good tax accountant can generally save you more money than you are likely to spend with them.